Monday, August 15, 2011

Response to Micah's "A Mormon President?"

Unlike Micah, I do not believe that Romney will--if nominated--find it impossible to overcome his Mormon faith.

He was elected governor of a very blue state, and the media will be reluctant to "go there."

Indeed, had someone asked me in 2004 whether we would first elect a president who was a Mormon, or an African American, my gut would have said a Mormon.  And, had I been informed that the first African American to receive his party's nomination would be a member of Jeremiah Wright's congregation, I would have been confident that he would not win.

I am proud of my country for setting race aside for the 2008 election; but, the choice that the electorate made has proven to be a questionable one (I cannot bring myself to say it was obviously wrong when the alternative was John McCain).

Father (Chris)

No comments:

Post a Comment