Friday, August 12, 2011

About Father

1. I am 52 years old.
2. I have been married for more that 22 years.
3. I have two children, both of whom are in college and doing quite well.
4. I enjoy reading most of what Hemingway wrote.
5. My son and I love to read about politics.
6. Like my mother, I love numbers, and doing math in my head.
7. I used to love baseball, but do not now much care for the game.
8. I like chardonnay, especially Newton Unfiltered and Chapellet.
9. My wife loves red Zins, especially Rombauer.
10. I am a Christian.
11. I enjoy watching golf, and hope that no one ever breaks Nicklaus' record for major championship victories.
12. I have zero tolerance for discriminating on the basis of race, thus, I am a vigorous opponent of racial preferences in hiring, college admissions, contracting, etc.
13. I believe universities routinely discriminate against Asian students.
14. I love astrophysics, and especially enjoy reading everything I can about the expanding universe, the search for ways to unify the four forces, and Einstein.
15. I believe you can learn a great deal about a man's ethics by watching him play a round of golf.
16. I believe nearly all government programs and initiatives do more harm than good.
17. I believe efforts to make citizens dependent on government programs and payments border on criminal.
18. I agree with those who proclaim that the government has adequate revenue, and that its problems are on the spending side.
19. I believe that there are real differences between the inate abilities of men (as a group) and women (as a group), but that these differences say nothing about any particular man or woman.
20. I believe that outcomes for individuals more closely correlate with IQ than with other factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment